Environmental Education Network
One of the main strategies of the JUNICOAST project for increasing the general level of public environmental awareness is environmental education. It has therefore established a local educational network of schools and environmental education bodies to facilitate and promote basic environmental education, to raise and foster public awareness regarding the values of Coastal dunes with Juniperus spp. and the threats, pressures and negative impacts they are facing.
The main objectives of the Environmental Education Network are:
- Identify, establish and maintain contact/links between several school teachers and environmental education bodies,
- Create user-friendly educational materials for primary and complementary schools on Coastal dunes with Juniperus spp.
- Share environmental education material and information on Coastal dunes with Juniperus spp.
Activities to date
- Contact details of local schools and environmental educational bodies,
- Communication and information about the Junicoast project with primary and complementary school teachers,
- Shared information and dissemination material among the Junicoast project and local schools (project leaflets, T-shirts, audiovisual presentations, video),
- Production and distribution of a “Teacher’s Guide” for coastal dunes with Juniperus spp. to school teachers,
- Production and distribution of a fairy tale for children on Coastal dunes with Juniperus spp.
- Field visits to the habitat with school teachers and students,
- Conducted environmental education workshop on “Biodiversity in Crete. Research, conservation and environmental education actions in Chania” with school teachers,
- Organization of student weeks at LIFE exhibition Centre and the botanical garden of MAICh (presentation of the project amd creative and educational activities with students)
Check out the members list and if your school or organization is not included, contact us to join the network!